Apply For NRCS Funding for your LowCat Purchase
The NRCS department of the USDA can help pay for your purchase of a LowCat tunnel and covering. It is pretty easy to apply. Just reach out to your local NRCS representative. To find yours, CLICK HERE, and select your state and county. Your rep can walk you through it.
LowCats exceed the NRCS requirements. CLICK HERE for The LowCat Technical Sheet to give your NRCS Rep.
NRCS cost share contribution
1000 square feet or less - $4 to $5 per square foot
1000 to 5000 square feet - $1 to $2 per square foot.
Historically Underserved Farmers can get higher rates.
To find out your state’s reimbursement rate, CLICK HERE, scroll down to your state, and then click the EQIP link. Low Tunnel Rates are at bottom of the document.
A few states have yet to implement the program. It is important to contact your local NRCS representative for accurate information and to check whether your state participates. CLICK HERE, and select your state and county. Your rep can walk you through it.
Uprights are made of high carbon thick spring steel with zinc coating. Arches are Stainless Steel for a lifetime of use without rust.
Regular hoops are 27” High, great for use with a variety of crops.
Designed for the High Production Market Farm
Works with all Coverings
Tunnel can be covered with
- Clear poly
- Insect netting
- Shade Cloth
- Row cover
Coverings can be combined and layered.
See chart at bottom of page.
- The LowCat's unique patent pending design makes it easy to move around the farm and extremely fast to set up.
- There are no bulky and awkward hoops to carry around.
- It is self tightening so coverings stays taut making it the low tunnel with the best protection from the wind.
- The Arch is stainless steel which will not rust.
- Many coverings can be layered and combined.
- Using a riser, The LowCat height can be extended for taller crops.
- It is made by us at Neversink Tools HQ in TN.
- Buying direct from the manufacturer means that you get much better value for your dollar than other options.
Coverings Stay Tight
High Wind Resistance
Low tunnels fail when wind is allowed to enter. Wind resistance is directly related to the tightness of the covering.
Other low tunnels require regular stretching of covering from the ends which is difficult and inconvenient.
The unique feature of the LowCats Shock Cord means that the covering stays tight without intervention.
This results in a better look, easier setup, and much greater wind resistance.
The LowCat has the highest wind protection of any low tunnel. Wind resistance is guaranteed*.
The Arch of any field tunnel is exposed to wear and the elements. The LowCat is the only one made of stainless steel.